“I’m sure it’s a sign of success” were the words of Trade Minister Mike Moore at the launch of the Buy NZ Made Campaign at Government House on 21 November 1988.
Now a subsidiary of BusinessNZ, the successful Campaign celebrating its 30th year is leading the way in helping business identify and promote their New Zealand Made products both here and abroad. The campaign provides a licence for business to use the iconic Kiwi trademark on products and services that qualify as NZ Made under the Fair Trading Act for Country of Origin.
Highlights from the past 30 years can be viewed online here.
Today, with a strong social media and tradeshow presence, the Campaign works hard to promote its licensees individually and as a collective of New Zealand Made.
To recognise licensee success, 2016 saw the launch of the Buy NZ Made Hero Awards,
Other recent changes include:
- The Buy NZ Made Marketplace which showcases NZ Made products.
- An online product check to verify products labelled with the Kiwi trademark, providing greater accountability to licensed members.
To celebrate 30 years, businesses who sign up for a licence between now and 22 June go in the draw to win one of five chances of having their next year’s licence free. Apply online here.
For existing licensees; you’ll also be in the draw for any referrals you make, talk to Anna for more information.
Terms & Conditions
- Next year’s licence period runs from 1 July 2018 – 30 June 2019.
- New licensees that sign up from 1 March 2018 through to 22 June 2018 get one entry in the draw
- Applications must be fully paid by 25 June 2018.
- Applies to new licensees in any licence category, except Cottage licences who are already licensed for this period if joining from 1st March, and Colleges & Charities who don’t pay a licence fee.
- Existing licensees who refer companies who successfully sign up in any category, also get one entry per referral.
- Anna Heyward must be notified of any possible referrals made by 4pm 22 June 2018 and she will advise if that company has successfully signed up.
- Five winners will be drawn 25 June 2018 and winners notified on 27 June 2018
- Winners will have their licence automatically renewed for the 2018-2019 period which commences on 1 July 2018.
- The Buy NZ Made Campaign’s decision is final.